Lost Ark Season 2 Guide
- Item Tier (T1, T2, T3): Dictates the overarching bracket of gear for a set of content. Usually, new Item Tiers drop with major continental updates, and they are considered big power spikes.
- Subtier (Lower, Mid, Upper): Describes a set of gear within an Item Tier. Players progress through Subtiers in order to proceed to the next Item Tier.
- Succeed: The process in which you transfer the enhancement level of an item to the next Subtier or Item Tier.
- Marie’s Secret Shop: This is the rotating ‘hot deals’ on the cash shop using Blue Crystals. It often has lucrative deals that are worth exchanging your Gold for Blue Crystals to pick up. It was revamped in Season 2 to now memorize up to 18 hours or 3 cycles of items. With T3 gear, there is also a separate tab for higher progressed players that also memorizes 3 cycles. Some unrelated progression items can frequently be found here as well, such as cards, affinity items, and battle items.
- Basic Effect: These are the non-changing stats of a piece of equipment. Quality does not affect the Basic Effect.
- Additional Effect: This is the bonus stat of an item that changes with quality. For weapons, this is Additional Damage. For armor, it’s Physical Defense, Magic Defense, and Vitality.
- Rare/Heroic/Legendary/Artifact Basic: These items have the same Basic Effect stats as equivalent rarity set items except they have no set bonus.
- Heroic/Legendary/Artifact Set: These items are as strong as equivalent rarity basic items except they have a set bonus that often sets them apart.
- General Refining Material: This is the first material needed in order to attempt to upgrade your items. It comes in 3 tiers, and there is one stone for weapons (always red) and one for the five armor slots (always blue). There is a different stone for each Item Tier, but all Subtiers within an Item Tier use the same General Refining Materials.
- Breakthrough Stone: This is the second material needed in order to attempt to upgrade your items. It comes in 3 tiers, and within each tier there is a Lower, Mid, and Upper variant for each specific Subtier of gear.
- Advanced Refining Material: This is the third material needed in order to attempt to upgrade your items. It comes in 3 tiers, and within each tier there is a Lower, Mid, and Upper variant for each specific Subtier of gear. These can only be created via crafting from your Expedition Territory, however they are crafted in high quantities and can be sold on the auction house, so non-housing players can just purchase from others.
Attribution Material: These are used in order to increase the chance of upgrading items. Generally speaking, it’s not worth using them after around +9 or so due to cost-to-efficiency. They’re mainly obtained from Cube and treasure maps. Each Item Tier has three types of Attribution Materials and you can only use a certain amount of each per attempt.